Frank, aka Pinky and the Brain, has invited me to participate on his LANL, The Rest of the Story blog. I told him that I wasn't at all sure about providing a public target to all those anonymous "contributors" again. Being in the public eye is not all that it's cracked up to be.
Isn't that right, Kevin?
In spite of my better judgment, however, I told Frank I'd consider a limited gig here, perhaps as picker of Comment of the Week, a feature I used to occasionally run on the old LTRS blog.
So, let's give it a try. Each week one comment will be selected for this special recognition. The selected comment will have demonstrated a noteworthy LANL-related observation, picked from these categories:
- brilliant, in-depth insight or observations about LANL and it's workings,
- Corporate Corruption,
- extreme, beyond the norm stupidity,
- lack of integrity. This category will, of course, include the following sub-category:
- Anonymous Blog Commenter Cowardice,
- an old favorite, "poor little me" whining,
- extraordinary geekiness,
- extraordinary (meaning, *way* beyond the norm for anonymous comments on this blog) ignorance,
- dedicated, selfless, hard-working staff member,
- good common sense (admittedly, a sparsely-populated category), and
With that, here's my pick for Comment of the Week from Frank's LANL, The Rest of the Story blog. This one came from the Nuclear Work in Danger post, and falls squarely into the first category, above.
Now, I'm sure that will set some teeth grinding, if not in the Director's Office, then at least over in Public Affairs (or whatever they call that office these days).
LANL, Retired 2005