LANS survey sez....
For each question, the choices are: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neither Agree Nor Disagree, Agree, Strongly Agree.
1. I feel well-informed about events, decisions, and other news at the Laboratory.
2. Management cares about my concerns related to Laboratory safety.
3. Career opportunities at the Laboratory are good.
4. The Laboratory provides opportunities regardless of age.
5. The Laboratory is a good place to work.
6. The Laboratory rewards those who contribute most.
7. Employees are treated with respect.
8. The leadership team is working together to advance the Laboratory’s mission.
9. I have confidence in the leadership of the Laboratory.
10. Laboratory managers set good examples.
11. I trust what I read in Lab-wide communications (LANLtoday, Intranet, news releases, etc.)
12. I know the proper channels for reporting my concerns about safety.
13. I am encouraged to find creative solutions to new challenges.
14. The Laboratory provides opportunities regardless of gender.
15. Overall, I like my job.
16. I am committed to the success of the laboratory.
17. Laboratory managers/supervisors consult employees about decisions that affect them.
18. My suggestions about security would be acted upon if I expressed them to management.
19. Favoritism is not an issue in my group.
20. Upward communication is encouraged and enabled in my division.
21. My suggestions about employee safety would be acted upon if I expressed them to management.
22. I am held accountable for my work performance.
23. My supervisor/manager takes appropriate action when workplace concerns are raised to him/her.
24. The Laboratory provides opportunities regardless of race.
25. My work is challenging.
26. I plan to be working here five years from now.
27. Laboratory managers/supervisors have the authority to make decisions related to their own work groups.
28. My morale at work is good.
29. I am valued by the Laboratory.
30. Upward communication is encouraged at the Laboratory.
31. I am encouraged by my supervisors to report any unsecure conditions I observe.
32. I am proud to tell people I work for the Laboratory.
33. The Laboratory supports diversity in the work environment.
34. My work is rewarding.
35. I have a good understanding of the scope and responsibilities of my job.
36. Laboratory managers/supervisors positively motivate others to achieve goals.
37. The morale of my co-workers is good.
38. I believe that action will be taken on the results of this survey.
39. I know the proper channels for reporting my concerns about security.
40. My supervisor treats me fairly.
41. The Laboratory's employee population is diverse.
42. I am satisfied with my overall compensation, including benefits.
43. What do you value most about the Laboratory? (FILL IN TEXT BOX)
44. What do you consider to be the most significant impediment(s) to getting work done at the Laboratory? (FILL IN TEXT BOX)
45. I receive the most useful information about the Laboratory from... (FILL IN TEXT BOX)
Mike Anastasio's claim that "morale at LANL is good" will now be put to the test. We'll also soon know if Kevin Roark is correct with his claim that this blog is the platform of only a few employees at the lab who are unhappy with LANS/Bechtel management. We'll know, that is, as long as LANS doesn't hold the results of this survey from staff under the pretense of corporate "proprietary information".
You have two weeks to enter your opinions if you want to be heard. Sheeple need not apply.